Freedom of Information
Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA)
The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (the Act) requires Scottish public authorities to produce and maintain a publication scheme. Authorities are under a legal obligation to:
• publish the classes of information that they make routinely available
• tell the public how to access the information and what it might cost
The James Hutton Institute has adopted the Model Publication Scheme 2015 produced by the Scottish Information Commissioner. This scheme has the Commissioner’s approval until 31 May 2019. You can see this scheme on the Commissioner’s website or by contacting us at the address below.
Full details of the FOISA Act 2002 can be found on the Scottish Information Commissioner website.
• PDF file: Freedom of Information Policy (398 KB)
Guide to Information
• PDF file: Publication Scheme - Guide to Information (355 KB)
You can contact us for assistance with any aspect of this publication scheme. Freedom of Information requests should be submitted in writing to:
• By post: Information Governance Officer, The James Hutton Institute, Craigiebuckler, Aberdeen, AB15 8QH
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org