A stakeholder engagement strategy and communication plan for Scotland’s Plant Health Centre
The aim of this project was to develop an operational communication plan from existing stakeholder engagement principles, communication theories and knowledge banks, identifying and summarising actions for the PHC.
A stakeholder engagement strategy and communication plan for Scotland’s Plant Health Centre was delivered, with the following actions for the PHC identified:
- Creating a communication calendar to plan main activities and allocation of sector specific communication responsibilities.
- Formalise online activities (website, Twitter) with regular actions/content and monitoring.
- Greater efforts in regularly delivering content at conference/ webinar/ public events/ professional magazine articles.
- Holding more regular roundtables/ policy consultations.
- Scheduling regular maintenance and distribution of centre resources.
- Creation of resources such as slide decks for talks, press release packs, member’s surveys.
Based on the outcomes of this project, resource was committed to action the recommendations of this work, with the commissioning of project PHC2020/07 – Enhancing the Plant Health Centre’s communication with stakeholders’