PHC Pest Review
Threat: Potato Cyst Nematode (PCN) species -Globodera pallida
Key Priorities and Recommendations
- Understand better how other countries deal with PCN.
- Fast track the discovery of G. pallida resistant varieties for the fresh market suitable for growing in Scotland
- Ensure a close link between Scottish Government, industry and scientists (including those on the SRP) to ensure close tie up towards potential solutions.
- Increase discussions on PCN at relevant stakeholder events.
- Identify and test other potential control methods.